Black Sheep Restaurant is Jacksonville’s premier rooftop lounge and outdoor dining area. This versatile space is a popular destination for receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, networking mixers and other semi-private events. Black Sheep Restaurant has the only rooftop bar in Jacksonville that offers views of the St. Johns River, as well as historic Five Points and Downtown.
We offer several options for small parties, group dining, and semi-private events on our roof. For large groups, we recommend booking a contract with a member of our management team.
- Black Sheep Restaurant does not take reservations on the roof; however, casual and smaller groups (less than 15) may opt for a “non-contract” party. All lounge-area furniture, high-top tables and bar seats are offered on a first-come, first-served basis while our host team assists with table seating. Please arrive early for the best selection and shortest wait.
- Standing receptions with a contract can be accommodated in our bar area or at “the point,” a semi-private space that can accommodate up to 50 people Sunday through Thursday and up to 30 people Friday and Saturday night. This arrangement requires a $15.00 per person food minimum, plus an additional fee of $5 per person on Friday and Saturday nights. For groups that rent the point, all charges are presented on one check; separate checks for drinks can be accommodated in the bar area Sunday through Thursday. Separating checks for food is not an option for standing receptions.
- Seated dinner contracts may be booked Sunday through Thursday. Groups of up to 24 people require a $35 per person food minimum, and groups of 12 or more must order from a limited menu to ensure food quality and speed of service. Separate checks are available in the seated contract format. Groups of more than 30 require a complete roof buyout; the buyout fee varies based on the day of week.
- Brunch: Large groups at brunch vary for many different reasons (time frames, number of guests, day of the week, etc.) Please call the restaurant for more information at (904)380-3091.
Download our Roof Plan, Catering Menu, Group Dining Guidelines and Bar Options. You can take a virtual tour of the roof here. For more information, email Allan DeVault.
★ Book Your Contract ★
If you are looking for a non-contract table on the roof, please call the restaurant at 380-3091 and speak to the host team or manager on duty.
- All group contracts are subject to 7% tax and 20% gratuity.
- Because of the unpredictability of outdoor and especially rooftop seating, unless your party starts at or near opening, there may be a wait – contract or not.
- We offer ambient background music but cannot accommodate a DJ or live band without a roof buyout contract.
- You are welcome to bring a dessert from an outside vendor; however, like our $10 wine corkage fee, we charge a dessert fee of $1 per person (minimum $10).
- We do not offer an indoor alternative for rooftop contracts. In the event of inclement weather, we will waive all deposits and fees with 24 hours advance cancellation.